Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc. (TMMAL) located in Huntsville, Alabama is now accepting applications of qualified personnel for Skilled Maintenance Technicians. Successful completion of on-line, written and hand-on technical assessments is required to become a candidate for possible employment with TOYOTA at its engine plant.
Qualified candidates, whom successfully complete the on-line portion of the assessment, will be notified by email, of the date, time and location of the written and hands-on technical assessment which is an 8-hour day not including lunch.
TMMAL’s Skilled Maintenance Technicians support the production, quality, cost and safety goals of the manufacturing operation and plant facilities. All skilled personnel have responsibility for preventive maintenance, process and equipment improvements and effective troubleshooting.
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in
accordance with standards. This position requires a minimum of 3 years industrial hands-on experience* in one or more of the following:
- Assemble, design and test hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment or systems (Involving circuits, relay logic,
wiring, motors, servo drives, etc.).
- Fabricate and machine components to repair jigs, fixtures and parts (metal, plastic, and wood) for projects, equipment
repair, maintenance work orders, and machine modifications.
- Write, program, troubleshoot, modify and/or repair programmable logic controllers (PLCs), CNC machines, robotics, and other
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical equipment and machine components.
- Perform basic administrative skills including documentation of work performed by written/electronic methods.
- Problem solve and continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity.
- For Facilities Control, troubleshoot and repair Industrial grade refrigeration systems for Chillers, HVAC systems, waste water and roof top units, air compressors and hot water boiler systems.
*Minimum level of education is a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Applicants with an industrial maintenance related technical degree may substitute up to 2 years of education for experience credit. Applicants with a degree in Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) are preferred.
Applicants must be willing to work a 2-week rotating shift (2 weeks on days 6:00am - 2:45pm, then 2 weeks on nights 4:45pm - 1:30am). Overtime is mandatory when required based on business conditions and could be up to 2 hours per day and weekends.
Please click the Continue button to apply.
Toyota is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and seeks to provide opportunities to all qualified applicants, including those with disabilities. If you require help with any part of the hiring process, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or alternatively call 256-529-8000. In your chosen method of notification, please include a description of the help you are requesting and the location and title of the position for which you are applying.